Friday, March 24, 2006

Work in progress


I've finally had both the time and the money to go yarn shopping! Visited a yarn shop I spotted a couple of weeks ago, not far from where I live. Great shop, excellent service and nice selection. I bought some chunky yarn to knit the one-hour baby booties from S n'B Nation, for a friend who had a baby girl just about a week ago. I chose a lime-green yarn, as I think it will make a nice change from all the standard white and pink baby gear. Also got some green alpaca wool for myself, and pattern for a shoulder/neckwarmer and matching wristwarmers. The set is really nice, the kind of vintage style, girly accessory that I love. I'm a true girly-girl, me... It's knitted on 2.5mm needles with quite fine yarn, so it's gonna take some time...

No comments: