Monday, March 13, 2006

Almost done!

The capelet has now come off the ironing board, and it looks great! Made crochet cords to tie at front so all I need now are some pompoms to finish it. I had so much yarn left over from the previous that I decided to make another one straight away. The pattern is really easy and it will make a simple and pretty gift. I've also cast on for a alpaca hat for a friend, and I hope to get it done and send it to her this week. It's made out of chunky alpaca wool in a pattern from the first S n'B book (I know, I'm really hooked on those) -the sparkly hat. The original pattern has sequins added to it, but I think it looks good without them as well. Haven't been able to find somewhere that sells sequins with large holes, only thread-sized small ones, but I've bought a pack so that I can sew them on afterwards...or I might just leave the hat as it is. We'll see :-) I've also discovered a new yarn shop I'm dying to visit -luckily I'm getting paid this week...

1 comment:

Stitchcounter said...

The capelet looks great! Welcome to blogland. :-)