Friday, July 20, 2007

Ingjerd is done



So I finished Ingjerd's Shawl this weekend, and I think it looks great! It was fun to knit too. I haven't blocked it yet, but it still looks ok. The edges could use a light blocking but apart from that it doesn't require much finishing. I've also started collecting Knitpicks Options circs. So far I've bought two cables and three sets of needles. Really really wanted to to get the luxury set, but at 700 NOK it was a bit pricey for my tight budget....although I did spend a couple of hundred on some Rowan KSH... It's going to be made into the Birch shawl. With such fine yarn it's a slow knit, and I really have to stay focused not to make any errors (or too many). I miscalculated the amount of yarn for long-tail cast-on, and let me tell you it's not much fun runnig out of yarn a measly 10 stitches short... Grrrr...

No comments: