Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The cable girl

Since I recently finished my first cable project I've been looking for simple patterns to develop my skills. A posting on manly scarves on Knitty lead me to this pattern. I've used the leftover yarn from the previous project, so I'm waiting eagerly for payday Friday to go buy some more! It'll make a nice Christmas present and the yarn is not too expensive either. It will probably be a surprise present for a friend who spends a lot of time outdoors and could use something to keep him warm. The design has a viking feel that I think will go down well... Oh, and I've finally found the time to continue my work on the long neglected Sonnet... Finished the first sleeve today, and cast on for the second right away to maintain momentum...

1 comment:

AuntieAnn said...

Good for you for continuing on your Sonnet! Mine is languishing in the work bag, about half-way through the back -- still.