Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sharpening my tools

I'm enrolled as a Sock Warrior, and the last week has been spent frantically knitting the socks to "kill" my victim. Finished the pair yesterday. I'm using Tofutsies yarn for the first time, and although I found it prone to splitting when I first started, i've really come to like this yarn! It's thinner than the sock yarn I normally use, but it looks good, and the colours are really pretty. Here's a pic for you to see!














Apart from socks, I'm making good progress on the Shaped Triangle shawl from A Gathering of Lace. I'm using Celestial Merino from Tradewind Design.
















The yarn is variegated, so the details aren't that visible in the pics, but hopefully it will look good once the shawl is completed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get them mailed, yet? I'm waiting for mine to reach my target in Canada. Any day now...